J’adore soup, even more when it’s cold outside.
I created this super simple recipe from what we had left in our cupboards. It turned out so tasty that I wanted to share it with you. It takes hardly any time to prepare and it only needs to cook for about 25/30 minutes.
1 cup yellow lentils
1 white onion (cut in little pieces)
5/6 leaves of cavolo nero (remove the trunk and cut the leaves in pieces)
1/2 a can of coconut milk
3 to 4 cups of vegetable stock
1 tsp curcuma
1tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of asafoetid
1. melt some ghee in a cooking pot on low fire
2. add the onion and let it become soft in about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. add the spices and let it cook for 1 more minute.
4. add the lentils and the vegetable stock. Put the temperature on a medium/high heat so it will come to a boiling point. When it boils put it back on low/medium heat and cook for about 15 minutes.
5. add the cavolo nero and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. remove from the fire and add the coconut milk